Little Stars Day Nursery an Award Winning Childcare Nursery
We have made the difficult decision to close Little Stars Day Nursery from Friday 20th March 6pm. The welfare of the children and staff are our priority and we would like to thank you for your understanding.
More information can be found here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ or via our own coronavirus web page Coronavirus Information & Advice page
We apologise for any inconvenience caused, however appreciate you joining us to help protect our children, staff and families. If you have further questions, please contact us on 01472 315530.
Little Stars Day Nursery has been established since 1986 and has been based at the Grimsby Institute campus since 1991.
We are registered for 77 child places per day between the ages of three months and five years.
The Little Stars Day Nursery has its own secure enclosed car park, which provides easy access to the nursery for staff, visitors, parents/carers and their children.
We are open Monday to Friday from 7.45am to 6pm – feel free to drop in or give us a call for more information.
More about our day nursery
Little Stars Day Nursery is open to learners and Grimsby Institute staff, as well as the wider community.
We are open all year round excluding the week between Christmas & New Year and all Bank Holidays.
Our fee structure has been produced to cover the level of childcare required. Sessions available include mornings, afternoons, full days and weekly rates. Meal options are also available.
Please use the following link for our latest fees and registration information.
The nursery is divided into the following six units:
|Busy Bees||3 – 15 months|
|Orange Cubs||15 months – 2 years|
|Red Squirrels||2 – 3 years|
|Yellow Chicks||2 – 3 years|
|Green Grasshoppers||2 ½ – 3 ½ years|
|Blue Butterflies||3 – 5 years|
Our security features include:
- A six way door entry system on the main nursery doors
- All rooms have handsets with TV monitors to see outside
- Intercom system so staff can speak to people via the handset, therefore not having to let anyone into the nursery
- Coded door system across all playrooms of which only staff know the codes
- Passwords are required on children’s registration forms and are purely on a ‘need to know basis’
- Outdoor areas are fenced with double panel fencing standing 1.8 metres high.
- Are qualified from a minimum Level 2 through to Level 6 degree, with at least on member of staff trained in Paediatric First Aid per unit.
- Are friendly and experienced and regularly update their own training.
- There is always a Manager, Deputy Manager or Senior Nursery Supervisor at the start and end of each day
- Are also Nursery Representatives for various areas including: