Childrens Play Rooms
Please find below to what we offer in our childrens play rooms for children between the ages of under 2s to 5 years and more about the learning, development including parents evenings.
Our under-2 children’s play rooms include the Busy Bees and the Orange Cubs. Busy Bees can cater for up to 11 children between the ages of 3-15 months and Orange Cubs can cater for up to 12 children between the ages of 15 months-2 years.
Our 2-3 years playrooms include the Red Squirrels and the Yellow Chicks. Both rooms cater for up to 12 children per room.
2 ½ - 3 ½ years & 3-5 years
Our 3-5 years playrooms include the Green Grasshoppers which caters for up to 14 children and the Blue Butterflies which caters for up to 16.
Learning & Development
- Each child has a key person who is responsible for planning future activities and learning opportunities for your child
- We take our lead from the children and plan for their individual interests
- We also ask for information from you as parents/carers with regards to what your child enjoys doing at home. This enables us to develop your child’s interests within the nursery environment
- Each child has their own learning journey which contains reports, observations, photo sheets, examples of work and home link sheets which parents/carers complete. You can ask to see these and look through them at anytime; however, your child’s key person will go through this with you at our parents’ evening that we have twice per year
- We use visual evidence in the form of photos to display around the nursery and support children’s’ work, which will also be entered in the child’s learning journey.
We hold regular parents’ evenings throughout the year. This gives you time to discuss your child’s learning and development with their key person as well as look through their learning journey. If there is nothing you wish to discuss feel free to still come along to the evening to take time to explore the nursery and the rooms at your own leisure.
Two Year Progress Checks
Our staff carry out two year progress checks in accordance with Government guidelines. These are carried out when your child turns two years and eight months; we carry these out with you and discuss your child’s development. You will receive a copy and the original will be placed in their learning journey